Emergency Shelter Intake & Homelessness Prevention Resources
413 S. 19th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104
Phone: (717) 238-2851
- HOURS: Monday-Friday: 9am-11am and 1pm-3pm (Except closed Wednesday afternoon)
- Food, clothing, prescription or travel assistance
- Rental assistance program
- Heating assistance
- Emergency Food Assistance
- Breakfast Program
- Utility Assistance Programs
Alder Health Services – HIV-Related Housing and Assistance Programs
HELPING HANDS MISSIONS MINISTRY
101 North Cameron Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: (717) 221-0490
- Provides clothing, personal care items, food and has open door portal of entry for referrals to other community services.
DAUPHIN LINK & Dauphin County Area Agency on Aging
Phone: 1/ 800-328-0058 or 1/800-998-4827 TTY 717/737-3564
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or LINK@dauphinco.org
- For referrals to Aging and Disability Resources.
Community Justice Project
118 Locust Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: (717) 236-9486, ext. 210
- Policy advocacy for benefits and rights of the homeless.
Midpenn Legal Services
213-A N. Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101-2240
Phone: (717) 232-0581
- Legal aid for low-income individuals and families, the elderly, the disabled, children and survivors of domestic violence.
- Handling cases involving consumer, education, family, housing, utilities, elderly, employment, income enhancement, and domestic violence issues
YWCA Domestic Violence Legal Center & Visitation Services
114 Walnut Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: (717) 724-0516 Fax: (717) 724-0534
- Legal aid for victims of domestic violence (including protection from abuse orders and custody issues)
- Supervised visitation for children